When Someone You Love Dies, A Piece Of Your Heart Goes With Them


The death of a loved one is heart-wrenching. It doesn't matter if it is your parent, spouse, child, sibling, relative, close friend, or even a pet; it ultimately affects you. All feelings of grief are worthy.

If you have a deep bond with another soul, you will be bound with the suffering and emptiness of loss when they are no longer with us.

Society has not prepared us for the devastation that occurs when someone we love dies.  We are often left on our own accord, to find ways of coping the emotional torment that is thrust upon our lives. We look to families, professionals, and friends to assist us in our journey of pain and many times, we are faced with closed doors and hearts, as we feel so misunderstood.

I believe many people are not versed in how to handle another's grief, so some would rather ignore the fact that it exists entirely.  It leaves the vast majority of the population to suffer silently.  Sometimes we are blessed with those gifted individuals who know their presence and understanding is all we need from them.

People usually have the best of intentions and most times, they simply do not know what to do, or what to say to truly help you through the most difficult time you may ever encounter.

When I lost my son in 2015, I wasn't sure how I was ever going to survive without him.

The last five years has shown me that I am capable of exploring areas of my inner self that needed to be examined, so I could cope on a different level.  Of course, the loss of my son has etched a scar in my heart, but I have learned ways to shift my perspective, so I still have an opportunity to lead a fulfilling life, even in the midst of loss.

Everyone will have different avenues when it comes to finding helpful resources.  I encourage you to learn all you can from various sources, until you find some that resonate with your particular needs.

I may share resources that give some hope and shared understanding on grief, but everyone's journey is unique and there is not a one-size fits all approach out there, that will help all people.

Explore what works for you and bypass the things that don't, until you get to a place of ease from overwhelming emotions.

Grief never truly goes away, but we can manage the overwhelming episodes by continuing to learn in a variety of ways.


Kim Halerwich-Clark is a Certified NLP Practitioner and Life Coach, as well as, the author of seven personal development books. Kim is an Instructor on Udemy where she teaches a variety of topics to students all around the globe, including the course, Dealing With The Loss Of A Loved One.

She is the Founder of The Solution Wizard Company that is dedicated to assisting individuals in overcoming challenges that face society every day.

Subscribe for More Articles on Grief








Butterfly Kisses From Beyond
Signs From My Son In Heaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs

How Grief Transforms As Time Passes