The Signs From Cardinals




During a recent visit to see family, we headed out of town and just as we turned onto the highway, a bright red cardinal jetted across the road right in front of us.  This was not the first time that I had seen a cardinal do this, and so I made a comment wondering if this was something cardinals normally do, or if they just really wanted to be noticed?  I mentioned that perhaps my son was accompanying us to see his loved ones, and that is why this bird gained our attention?

A couple hours into our drive, we arrived at my parent's home, and immediately upon walking to their door, a song emanated from the tree branches.  I was familiar with the melody and my eyes scanned the tree limbs trying to catch a glimpse of our friend.  He kept singing, and just then, I noticed him in brilliant red sitting upon a limb.  I smiled and said to my partner, "Okay, Logan must be with us, as there's another cardinal!"

Later that afternoon, after stopping at my daughter's home, her and I were on our way into the shop, when another tune echoed from the large tree hanging above the garage.  I looked up to notice the third cardinal of the day, in three separate locations, and I was sure my son's spirit was gaining our attention again.

When I see a bright red cardinal, I immediately think of my son, as this bird has been a unique feature of how nature has connected with me throughout the past number of years.  In this instance, I had no choice but to notice his beautiful song, and colour that reminded me my son would not miss a visit with his family, even if death had been a barrier for him to attend in person.  The cardinal reminds me that there is a world alongside of ours that is only separated by a very thin veil.

If you are struggling with grief, please visit, The Solution Wizard to find resources to help you ease the emotional turmoil of loss.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs

How Grief Transforms As Time Passes