When All You Know Is That "Grief Just Sucks"

Losing Loved Ones Is Difficult To Swallow


Emotions run high when the ones we love leave this planet.


As humans, we are not immune to the fact that many of our loved ones will pass away during our lifetime.  No matter how prepared we think we might be, we will not be ready for their departure from this world.

Losing the people we care about is such a devastating time, that no words can express the pain that your heart feels.  The emptiness abounds, and cloudy thoughts are at the forefront of your mind.

Even if your loved one was battling a long illness that was considered terminal, we can't fathom the life we must live after they are no longer here in the physical sense.  Even if you believe that the spirit lives on, it is very hard to cope with life when their presence has disappeared.  Many people around the world are blessed with signs from beyond, or experiences that they can't explain, but the majority of time, we are left with a certain void that remains consistent in every day life.

No matter how many strategies exist to help ease your suffering, it just comes down to the fact that grief sucks no matter how you might slice it.  There is a yearning for something that can never be, so the best approach is to try a multitude of methods to help the pain in your heart be heard.

The methods used to cope with the overwhelming feelings of loss vary from person to person, as each circumstance is unique.  Some individuals have a different mindset, and can find acceptance of their new normal in ways that some may never reach.  It should be understood that every person will have their own time line of dealing with loss, and one should never feel rushed to get to a place that may not exist for them.

In my own journey of healing from the loss of a child, I had to rely on many methods to get to a place of acceptance for my new life.  It is not a life I chose, but I decided to rise above the tragedy that was forced upon me by continuing to learn as much about grief and death, as I could handle.  

There are still days that bring overwhelming emotions, and I expect that will never change, but I do not strive to stay there for very long.  I allow myself release, and then move towards a better feeling place.  Meditation has been a huge help for me, in redirecting my thoughts to a place of contentment, where I remember my son is truly not that far from me.

Subscribe for more articles on healing grief and save yourself time, by having them delivered directly to your inbox.

Kim Halerwich-Clark is a Certified NLP Practitioner and Life Coach, as well as, the author of seven personal development books. Kim is an Instructor on Udemy where she teaches a variety of topics to students all around the globe, including the course: Dealing With The Loss Of A Loved One

She is the Founder of The Solution Wizard Company that is dedicated to assisting individuals in overcoming challenges that face society every day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs

The Power Of Spiritual Connection