How Grief Transforms As Time Passes

 Many people have heard the phrase, "time heals all wounds"... In the case of grief, this is not necessarily correct.  Grief does transform as time passes; however, it never really truly ceases to exist.


When you are first faced with the loss of a loved one, the pain is raw and emotional.  The feelings of helplessness and emptiness fill your entire being with dread.  Sometimes the emotions are so overwhelming, it's hard to imagine that the pain in your heart will ever stop aching.

In my own journey of loss, I have watched my grief transform in many ways.  As I write this, I can't even fathom that I have existed on this planet without my son in physical presence for almost seven years.  In the early days of his passing, my heart was shattered and at that time, beyond repair.  It brought me into a tail-spin of crushing trauma to realize that I had to go on living, when I thought he could not.

Over the course of my heart-wrenching journey, I've realized that my belief system has altered.  I've researched so many books, writings, and engaged with my own spirituality that I now feel that existence does not stop with death.  I've come to feel secure in my thoughts that life continues, and one day I will be reunited in another realm with my son.

If you are grieving the loss of a loved one, my heart goes out to you as there is no greater pain on this planet than to deal with losing someone you love.  I encourage you to explore your feelings, thoughts, beliefs, and other perspectives until you find solace in your own personal situations.  Researching what others have experienced can be your greatest tool in finding the answers you seek about life itself.  

Is it too hard to imagine that there are things in the universe that we simply don't understand yet?  Take for example, the butterfly's history... it was once a caterpillar that crawled among the soil, and after spending time in a cocoon, it emerged into something absolutely miraculous. The transformation in that one piece of life teaches us that a metamorphisis can exist, so why do we struggle to believe that it could happen with humans as well?

Visit Butterfly Kisses From Beyond to find resources to help you in your journey of loss.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs