A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Messages from beyond can soar a heart to grand levels.


The veil is thinner than we think!


Yesterday was Mother's Day and for a parent who has lost a child, it can be an emotional time with plenty of heartache to go around.

For days leading up to Mother's Day, the pain in my heart did not cease to make me notice it.  I called out to my son multiple times, telling him I would love a sign and reassurance from him that he wasn't far from my current world.

The hours ticked on yesterday, as I spent some time with my Mom and Daughter, as I couldn't bare to be away from them.  I searched desperately for some type of recognition that my son had somehow gotten a Mother's Day message to me in some way.  I stopped by the cemetery to visit his grave, and a little chipmunk ran along a tree trunk laying in the bush, but otherwise, all was silent.

On my drive home last night, a red cardinal flew across the road, directly in front of my car (which in fact had happened in the past), so I acknowledged it and continued to drive.  I was a little disappointed as I had been seeing plenty of cardinals lately, so if this was my sign, it didn't do much to raise my spirits.

At bedtime, I snuggled into my blankets and said good night to Logan, as I usually do.

Sometime during the night, my world opened up to mesh beyond the veil, and there my son was, just like we were together only yesterday.  We were hanging out with other members of my family, and he just acted like everything was fine and he was enjoying his time with us.  

At one point, I noticed him moving our red truck and I could see him clearly sitting in the driver's seat.  Then, I stopped in my tracks, as I got the perception of him from an outside party, and all they could see was a truck backing up on the grass with no one driving.  I shrugged it off, as all that mattered is that he was visible to me.

I recall that we mingled for a while, and I remember telling him I had lots of questions to ask him this time, before he had to go.  We tried to sit in one room to talk but the little kids were making so much noise, that it was hard to have a conversation.  I grabbed Logan by the hand, and led him into the other room so we could sit down to talk.  I had never had an opportunity to ask him everything that I've wanted to say over the last few years, but I was finally having this chance.  I'm sure I asked him many things, but this is what I can remember from my dream.

I asked Logan if he could remember his accident.  (He had died at the scene of a truck crash.)  He told me he didn't really remember that night.  His memory was foggy, and he explained he was here, and then he was there.  I added that he didn't have a choice, and he nodded in agreement.

I went on to ask him what he's been doing lately.  He told me that he was working, and that it was really hard work.  He explained that it was at a warehouse, similar to Amazon, but I got the impression he didn't like it very much. He said he was making good money.  When I asked him how much, he said it would be comparable to a million dollars here.  He reiterated that it was really hard, and I asked if he could do something else, and he told me, not until January.

Then I asked him about his friends...  (Logan had a couple of friends who died at a young age too). He said he didn't see them much, as they still had issues to work out.

I remember asking him something, and he said he still has to look things up to find out answers, like on the computer or You Tube.  I thought this was funny, as it really doesn't sound much different than life here.

The last question I remember asking, before we were interrupted was whether or not he could read my thoughts.  He looked at me like I was naive, and intentionally stated, "No."  He went on to clarify that he could hear me when I communicated with him, either vocally or mentally, but he couldn't be obtrusive and just read my thoughts whenever he wanted.  It was humorous, as he looked at me, like I should know better than to ask a silly question like that.

Someone came into the room in my dream, and our conversation was abruptly stalled, and slowly I began to emerge from sleep and take notice that I was in my bedroom.  My mind was swirling, as I realized Logan came to visit me, and all I could do was lay in bed smiling from ear-to-ear at five o'clock this morning.

He answered many questions that I had been wishing to ask him, and I finally had to opportunity to do so. We talked so matter-of-factually, that it made me feel like we just picked up where we left off, without the worry of time creating a void in the true sense of existence.

It had been a long time since I had a "dream visitation" with my son, and what a beautiful way to end Mother's Day this year.  I guess I got a huge sign after all.





Follow on Facebook 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs

How Grief Transforms As Time Passes