A Special Message To Mothers Who Have Lost Children



Women everywhere are struggling to hold it together this upcoming weekend.



Mothers who have lost children deserve a little extra care this Mother's Day.


It is an ongoing emotional battle that strikes without notice when it comes to bereavement.  The simplest of holidays can jar an internal tsunami of pain that many people don't realize who have never lost a child.

Growing up, celebrating Mother's Day was always such an honour, as it allowed us to shower our own Mothers in praise, and love for all that she does for us.  I am truly blessed to still have my Mom here on this planet, as many around me don't have the luxury of that bond.  My heart hurts for them, as they struggle with their own loss during a day that says so much of what their heart is bearing.

This article only focuses on the Moms who have lost children, as I know this pain firsthand.  

I still try to hold a special place for the celebration of Mother's Day, as I have my own Mom, and now a daughter who had a baby last year who deserves the recognition.  I will not let my own pain shadow their role in what I attribute to the best thing that one can accomplished in life. 

Motherhood has become the most rewarding aspect of my entire life, for if you were to strip that away from me completely, I'm not sure my life would be as enriched as being a Mother has been.  I've learned so many lessons along the way, and taken myself from the stance of a selfish young adult, to the role of a dependable Mom who would do anything for her children.

When my only son died in 2015, my world was shaken to the core, as a part of my identity left me too.  I wrestled with the question of how many children did I now have?  I know many bereaved parents who have struggled with this question, when unsuspecting strangers make small talk, but I no longer fear being put in this position.

I proudly state that I have a son, and a daughter.  I no longer try to make a concession in the way I answer this question, as nothing has truly changed... I am still a Mom - to my daughter, and to my son who has transitioned.  My role with my son has transformed into a spiritual connection, but my relationship with him has remained the same.  Coming to this conclusion has brought me a certain sense of contentment, as I continue to build the bond with my son from spirit world.  There is nothing that can take away the love I have for all of my children, regardless of where they reside.

So, on this Mother's Day, I want to help you understand that your role as a Mother, will never, ever cease to exist.  




Like The Solution Wizard on FB





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs

How Grief Transforms As Time Passes