Living Your Life Beyond the Mask


Grief can upset the equilibrium of your daily life.  It seems as though some days you are on top of the world and you think to yourself, “I’ve got this!” In the next moment, a wave of self-sabotaging thoughts penetrate every crevasse of your mind and all you want to do is slink down into a pile of self loathing mud.  It’s strange how we even survive sometimes.  

I have the faith of a bull moose when it comes to believing in the afterlife but the ongoing pain of missing someone so terribly can be overwhelming.  What I wouldn’t give to just have things back to normal, the way they used to be.  You know, the time when you thought you had problems.  Whew!  Those issues don’t even come close to the devastation your heart feels when someone is literally ripped out of your life.  You try to imagine how things would be different if they were just here and after this ordeal of living with grief, there isn’t much that you can’t handle.  All other problems seem like small barriers to living, as all your heart wants is a real hug from the person that has passed on.  




Some days, I am really good at focusing my energy towards the spiritual relationship I now have with my son and I relish in the mental chatter of talking to him, laughing and sharing stories of what’s going on here and asking what he has been doing.  Days like today, it seems those experiences are hard to grasp, even though I realize he’s patiently waiting for me to come across the wave lengths to visit him.  

I must say that even pondering this idea has me realizing that I need to reach out to him.  He needs me and I need him.  He waits ever so gently for me to get past another moment of grief and turmoil, so we can reunite in the realm of thought were things are
very much real for him.  On that note, I shall take some quiet time to simply connect with my son and all will be well again... At least for another moment in time.

If you're interested in personalized grief meditations to assist in healing your own suffering, email butterflykissesfrombeyond@gmail.com for further details.  This is one of the methods I use personally to help me though the difficult days.  No matter where we reside on this planet, humans share the experience of grieving the loss of a loved one.  You never have to feel alone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Mother's Day Surprise From My Son In Heaven

Tucking A Shredded Heart Back In Where It Belongs

How Grief Transforms As Time Passes